Membership Fees for Bowling and Croquet
Adult members – $250 -This is a full year’s membership valid Mar 15 – Mar 14 and includes the use of club bowls and locker, croquet and use of club equipment, coaching and player development, and winter social activities.
Junior members (18 and under) $35 – valid for one year Mar 15 – Mar 14
Duplicate Membership – $215.00 – This fee applies to individuals who are applying to VLBC as their 2nd club. The Bowls BC fees of $35 are included in the membership fee for the home club. This is a full year’s membership valid Mar 15 – Mar 14.
Social membership – $30 – valid Oct – Oct – This includes participation in any of the club’s social activities
Lessons can be arranged in either sport (see Contacts)
Cost: 3 lessons for $25 – can be applied to membership fee
TO JOIN THE VICTORIA LAWN BOWLING CLUB
Complete the online membership form
Download the membership form. Mail it in or drop it off at the club with a cheque
- Payments can also be made by Interac
After accessing Interac, please use the following email to complete the transfer: firstname.lastname@example.org
For details on our mailing address, location, and phone number, see the column on the left.
Never bowled or coquetted before? It’s never too late to learn!
What is special about these sports?
- The games are inexpensive. Yearly membership fees entitle you to play either or both at no charge (excluding tournaments and a minimal charge for league play)
- Beginners can use the Club’s equipment at no cost
- You don’t need a partner
- You don’t need a team. Teams are drawn up from players who show up
- You do need to wear smooth flat-soled shoes to protect the greens.
And, of course, you can join in our social activities that occur throughout the year.
Benefits of Membership:
- Bowling (as scheduled) usually 7 days a week in the daily draws during the bowling season April to October and unscheduled drop-in play in off season
- Bowling: Men’s league on Monday mornings, Ladies’ league on Wednesday afternoons and Tournaments (both Club and BSI)
- Croquet all year long weather permitting, as well as ongoing player development
- World-wide drop-in privileges at any lawn bowling club
- Ongoing player development with coaches, drill sessions, and clinics
- Clubhouse locker
- Summer Social Events: Founders Day, Canada Day, “Fun Days”, BBQ’s
- Winter Social Events Bridge (duplicate and social), Book Club, Lunch Bunch, Crib, Crokinole, Mahjong, Xmas Party
- Bowling and/or Croquet special events: Halloween, New Years Day, Valentine`s Day and St. Patrick’s Day (weather permitting – no playing on frosty greens)
- The chance to make new friends along with fresh air and exercise to keep you healthy
- For up-to-date information on games, tournaments, leagues, and social activities see our Calendar