Membership Fees for Bowling and Croquet
Adult members – $250 -A full year’s membership valid Mar 15 – Mar 14 includes participation in both lawn bowling and croquet, the use of club bowls and club croquet equipment, storage lockers, coaching and player development, social and winter activities.
Junior members (25 and under) $35 – valid for one year Mar 15 – Mar 14
Duplicate Membership – $215.00 – This fee applies to individuals who are applying to VLBC as their 2nd club. The Bowls BC fees of $35 are included in the membership fee for the home club. This is a full year’s membership valid Mar 15 – Mar 14.
Social membership – $30 – valid Oct – Oct – This includes participation in any of the club’s social activities
To Join the Victoria Lawn Bowling Club
Complete the online membership form
- Payments can be made by Interac e-Transfer
After accessing Interac e-Transfer, please use the following email to complete the transfer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Print and complete hard-copy membership form and deliver/mail to VLBC with payment attached.
For details on our mailing address, location, and phone number, see the column on the left.
Never bowled or croqueted before? It’s never too late to learn!
Lessons can be arranged in either sport. Cost: 3 lessons for $25 – will be applied to membership fee if you join. Please complete the lesson inquiry form (for either lawn bowling or croquet) and we will contact you shortly to advise on available lesson times.
|Bowls lessons||MaryLynne Rimer/Anita MCCaw|
|Croquet lessons||David Whiting|
What is special about these sports?
- The games are inexpensive. Yearly membership fees entitle you to play both at no extra charge (excluding tournaments and a minimal charge for league play)
- Beginners can use the Club’s equipment at no cost
- You don’t need a partner
- You don’t need a team. Teams are drawn up from players who show up
- You do need to wear smooth flat-soled shoes to protect the greens.
And, of course, you can join in our social activities that occur throughout the year.
Benefits of Membership:
- Bowling (as scheduled) usually 7 days a week in the daily draws during the bowling season April to October and unscheduled drop-in play in off season
- Bowling: Men’s league on Monday mornings, Ladies’ league on Wednesday afternoons and Tournaments (both Club and BSI)
- Croquet all year long weather permitting, as well as ongoing player development
- World-wide drop-in privileges at any lawn bowling club
- Ongoing player development with coaches, drill sessions, and clinics
- Clubhouse locker
- Summer Social Events: Founders Day, Canada Day, “Fun Days”, BBQ’s
- Winter Social Events (May vary from year to year) Bridge, Book Club, Lunch Bunch, Crib, Mahjong, Xmas Party
- Bowling and croquet special events: Halloween, New Years Day, Valentine`s Day and St. Patrick’s Day (weather permitting – no playing on frosty greens)
- The chance to make new friends along with fresh air and exercise to keep you healthy