Never played croquet? It’s never too late to learn!
What is special about playing croquet?
- The game is inexpensive. Yearly membership fees entitle you to play in the games at no charge (excluding tournaments)
- Beginners can use the Club’s equipment at no cost
- You don’t need a partner
- You don’t need a team. Teams are drawn up from players who show up for any game.
- You do need to wear smooth flat-soled shoes to protect the greens.
And, of course, you can join in our social activities that occur throughout the year and during winter.
- Benefits of Membership:
- Games – 5 days a week all year long
- Ongoing player development
- Participation in club and inter-club tournaments (inter club activity suspended due to Covid)
- World wide drop-in privileges at any club where croquet is played
- Clubhouse locker
- Summer Social Events: Founders Day, Canada Day, “Fun Days”, BBQ’s
- Winter Social Events: Bridge (duplicate and social), Book Club, Lunch Bunch, Crib, Mahjong, Xmas Party
- Croquet on Halloween, New Years Day and Valentine`s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, weather permitting
- The chance to make new friends along with fresh air and exercise to keep you healthy
- If you join as a croquet member, you are also entitled to free lawn bowling lessons if you want to try out that game as well
Adult members – $225 -This is a full year’s membership valid Mar 15 – Mar 14 and includes the use of croquet and lawn bowling equipment, lockers, coaching and player development, and winter social activities.
Junior members (18 and under) – $35.
Duplicate Membership – $215.00 – valid for one year Mar 15 – Mar 14. This fee applies to individuals who are applying to VLBC as their 2nd club. The BowlsBC fee of $$35 is included in the home club membership fee.
Social membership – $30 – valid Oct – Oct – This includes participation in any of the club’s social activities
Lessons can be arranged
TO JOIN THE VICTORIA LAWN BOWLING CLUB
Complete the online membership form
Download the membership form. Mail it in or drop it off at the club with a cheque
For details on our mailing address, location, and phone number, see the column on the left.
Payments can also be made by Interac
After accessing Interac, please use the following email to complete the transfer: email@example.com