The Club, located in Beacon Hill Park, is central to downtown Victoria and the neighbourhoods of James Bay, Fairfield, Rockland and Fernwood. Our fully equipped clubhouse is flanked by two greens containing 16 rinks.
Check out this video
Things are a bit different due to COVID 19 and we are committed to providing a safe environment for you to learn to play. (See our Covid protocols below)
Check out the following pages for more information
Starting May 1, our coaches will be ready to show you around the club and to teach you the basics of either or both sports
To reach us:
Email the Player Development Chair for either or both sports at
MaryLynne Rimer – email@example.com
Pierre Dunn – firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Call the club at 1-250-383-5851
In an effort to limit exposure to COVID-19, viaSport has ruled and confirmed that, effective immediately, bowlers may only play at one club. More info
The following are the new protocols
What we still need to do:
Wear masks in the club house
• 1 person at a time in the washrooms
• 2 at a time in the locker rooms
• 12 people in total in the club house with social distancing
• 1 person at a time in the equipment shed
• Sign-in is still mandatory sanitize your hands afterwards
Waivers are still required for joining members
What we no longer need to do:
• No empty lanes – we can use all lanes to bowl
• Limit of 4 to a lane for bowling – croquet can now double bank
• Social distancing of 3 metres is no longer required
• Sanitizing equipment is optional
• One person setting of jacks, mats, rakes – items can now be used by all players, as before
• There is no requirement for pre-booking
There is no need for marshals
We are returning to tags in and regular draws.
It has been made clear that NO SPECTATORS are allowed at this time. Only persons engaging in play may be on the property.
This can change as all of the above will be reviewed June 15, 2021 by Bowls BC and ViaSports.
!!! 112 YEARS !!!
On June 14, 2020, we celebrated the beginning of our 111th year. When we opened for play again on June 15, it was like opening all over again as a new beginning with COVID 19 as a major interruption to our usual strawberry tea celebration on the 14th as well as our usual way of doing things. Little did we know what a difficult year it would be. But here we are again – June 14 2021 looking forward to restrictions being eased and hoping the coming year will be another new beginning even on the club’s 112th anniversary.